MATEC-IN is working with two community health centers through June 2019 to expand, improve, and increase efficiency and quality of HIV care through its HIV Practice Transformation Project.
Through this project, MATEC-IN is assisting these clinics by:
- Assessing current needs and clinical outcomes of patients living with HIV.
- Providing training about HIV screening, linkage to care, treatment, and retention in care within a primary care setting.
- Drafting and reviewing policies and procedures as they relate to providing services along the HIV Care Continuum.
- Educating on the 10 Building Blocks of High-Performing Primary Care.
- Providing tools and resources to facilitate better clinical performance in HIV and primary care.
- Providing other technical assistance to help clinics achieve their goals as they related to improving and expanding HIV care.
For additional background information about the practice transformation project in the Midwest region, visit MATEC’s Practice Transformation Project page on their website.