APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED THROUGH
JULY 15, 2018
Click Here to Access Application Materials
The MATEC Clinician Scholars Program is designed for front-line clinicians who are interested in expanding their capacity to provide HIV/AIDS care, and increase the number of clinicians that provide care to underserved or disproportionately affected populations.
The Program, funded through the Minority AIDS Initiative (MAI), is open to minority or minority-serving Physicians, Physician Assistants, Advanced Practice Nurses, and Clinical Pharmacists who are licensed to provide care in the Midwest and also:
- Provide direct clinical care services
- Understand HIV/AIDS fundamentals
- Seek to increase their capacity to diagnose, manage, and/or prevent HIV infection
Clinicians chosen to participate in the Program will be required to complete a minimum of 12 hours of clinical practicum in HIV care and 40 hours of skill building training. MATEC will provide Clinicians with access to the most up-to-date HIV/AIDS information, resources, and training through:
- Mentorship: Experts in HIV/AIDS care guide participants through the Program
- Clinical Consultation: Opportunities to consult with local and regional experts experienced in diagnosing and managing HIV/AIDS care
- Networking Opportunities: Valuable interactions with MATEC faculty, local and regional HIV/AIDS care providers, and other Scholars
- Clinical Interaction: Participants will observe the care of patients with HIV infection, participate in simulated patient care scenarios, and respond to case presentations
Applicants will need to complete a Participant Identification Form (PIF) and program application. Applicants will need to submit a resume or CV with their application, and their direct supervisor will need to submit a Statement of Workplace Endorsement. Letters of Recommendation may be submitted on behalf of the applicant as well.
For more information about the Clinician Scholars Program, visit matecindiana.com/services/clinician-scholar or contact Karen Curd, Program Manager with MATEC Indiana, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (317) 880-3519.